Woodwork Staining & Refinishing
Masterwork has proven expertise in custom woodwork staining, clear finishes, and refinishing of existing woodwork. We deliver highly durable beautiful finishes using non-toxic waterborne stains and clear coats. Our craftsmanship is combined with a focus on exceptional customer service. The following are some highlights of the Masterwork Process.
- Samples with the full finish system are approved prior to proceeding with work to ensure the client is thrilled with the appearance
- Uniform staining that accents the wood, not cover or “muddy” it
- Knowledge of wood types, including the grain pattern and density, directs the optimal finishing system
- Proprietary techniques to accent the grain of the wood
- Match colors, intensity, and patina to blend with existing finishes
- Clear coatings that visually enhance wood, are truly clear, and do not yellow over time
- Surfaces that are so smooth, they invite to be touched
Healthy & Safe
- Masterwork is at the forefront of researching, testing, and implementing high performing non-toxic, environmentally friendly products.
- Waterborne stains and polyurethane resin clear coatings serve as the basis for the Masterwork wood finishing system
- All of the wood staining and finishing products we utilize are non-toxic, low VOC, and can be safely applied in an inhabited house or building
- No toxic solvent or lacquer based products, as are commonly used for wood finishing
- Masterwork applies advanced technology waterborne polyurethane resin clear coatings that are not only safe but perform extraordinarily well.
- High resistance to scuffs and abrasion
- Extremely washable
- Excellent water resistance
- Strong adhesion to wood and other coatings to prevent chipping or flaking
Full Service Craftsmanship
- smooth spray finish
- hand-crafted brush finish capability
- glazing to accent or antique surfaces
- new woodwork, refresh existing finishes, or complete surface restoration
- Cabinetry, millwork, doors, running trim, paneling, etc.
- Craftsmen specifically trained and experienced in wood staining and finishing
Convenience of on-site and workshop based operations
- dedicated spray shop for cabinetry fine spray finishes
- on-site spray or fine brush finishes