Kitchen Cabinet Painting
Masterwork has painted hundreds of cabinets to consistently rave reviews. We are told regularly that our kitchen cabinet painting exceeded expectations and has transformed the kitchen – quickly, easily, and at a fraction of the cost of replacing cabinets. Meticulous preparation steps ensure paint adhesion while a standardized surface protection and dust containment system result in a kitchen as clean as when we arrived.
Our experienced and dedicated craftsmen deliver highly durable beautiful finishes using non-toxic coatings. This craftsmanship is combined with a dedication to exceptional customer service. The following are some highlights of the Masterwork process.
Specify the Appearance you want
- Select any color, or match to whatever you’d like such as tile or counter
- Any sheen level
- Smooth spray finish, or
- Brushed “hand crafted” appearance
- glazing or decorative finishes to accent or distress surfaces
- faux wood graining that actually looks like real wood
- New Hardware if desired, for a completely new look
- Even doors and drawer fronts can be replaced
- Paint that looks like it was personally applied, not like a film of plastic
- Surfaces that are so smooth, they invite to be touched
- Seamless joints
- Eased edges and corners
- Sharp crisp lines at non-painted surfaces
Confidence that you will love the way it looks – for a long time to come:
- Samples of the actual color and sheen are provided to view in your kitchen for approval prior to proceeding with work.
- No disappointment due to color variation from what was seen in a cabinet showroom.
- Paints are “color-fast” meaning the color stays true and does not yellow, fade, or darken as occurs with most cabinet paints.
Healthy & Safe
- Masterwork is at the forefront of researching, testing, and implementing high performing non-toxic, environmentally friendly products
- Waterborne primers, paints, and protective clear coats serve as the basis for the Masterwork cabinet painting system
- All of the coating products we utilize are non-toxic, very low VOC, and can be safely applied in an inhabited house or building
- No toxic solvent or lacquer based products are used, as are typically used for cabinet painting
- Masterwork applies advanced technology waterborne polyurethane resin paints and protective clear coatings that are not only safe but perform extraordinarily well.
- High resistance to scuffs and abrasion
- Extremely washable
- Excellent water resistance
- Standardized preparation procedures to ensure a solid paint foundation
- Strong adhesion to wood and other coatings to prevent chipping or flaking
Dust Free Process
- No mess of demolition
- Cabinet box openings are fully sealed to eliminate the need for removal of contents
- Filtered venting
- HEPA vacuums are connected to sanders
- Surfaces not to be painted are completely protected, including floors, walls, and appliances
Rapid Turnaround and low impact
- Kitchen cabinet painting takes approximately 1 week in your home
- All cabinet doors and drawer fronts are removed and painted in our workshop
- Appliances stay in place
- If the inside of the boxes are not being finished, the contents can remain in place
- No lengthy process of removal of the existing cabinets
- No long waiting for cabinet demolition, delivery, and the all too common delays, while living with no kitchen.
Full Service Craftsmanship
- Craftsmen specifically trained and experienced in cabinet preparation and painting
- dedicated spray shop for cabinetry fine spray finishes
- on-site spray or hand crafted brush finishes
- Adjustment of doors and drawers upon reinstallation is included.
- Masterwork partners with custom cabinet companies to provide modifications to cabinetry if desired, including new hinges, new doors and drawers, and retrofits for reconfigurations.
Cost savings vs. new cabinets
- Refinishing cabinets is a fraction of the cost of replacing. Add to that significant savings from additional work required with new cabinets – demolition, installation, other trades work.
- If a new Cabinet door and drawer style is desired, they alone can be replaced at great savings over total replacement of cabinets. Masterwork Painting partners with custom cabinet makers that can make new door and drawer fronts.
Any Cabinets, Any Room
The Masterwork cabinet painting system can be applied to any type of cabinet, including vanities, book cases, entertainment centers, and built-ins.